BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Who Knew

Holy crap, who knew that coming up with a single title to name my blog would be so mind-stretching. I tried to think of something creative that fits all of me. I originally thought of "So She Dances" because I love dancing, and the song by the uber fabulous Josh Groban is one of my dear favorites. Then I thought of "Dancing Through Life" (Wicked) but somehow those didn't seem to encompass all of me, just a part of it. Sure it covers dancing and music, but those aspects are only part of what makes me, me. So then I thought of an onion. Yes...an onion. Onions have lots of layers to them-as do I. But seriously--an onion? Now that's just doesn't sound very appealing! "An Onion Dancing Through Life" Sure, it's funny, but come on, an onion? Surely I could do better than that. So then I started thinking of things with layers---lasagna, the earth, lettuce heads, rainbow jello...then it hit me. A Rose. Roses have layers (kinda), they're pretty (I like to think I am sometimes), they are versatile, delicate, make people feel good and loved..so there ya go. And I'm Irish and it means a lot to me. There's a traditional Irish song called "My Wild Irish Rose". So, "A Wild Irish Rose Dancing Through Life" is the title of this blog. Who knew it could hold so much meaning.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha Stacy Jo I love you! And the image of an onion dancing cracks me up.