BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Falling Slowly

Falling Slowly by Glen Hansard and Markéta Irglová

A new adventure will be coming to me next month. I will be doing my first Irish Dance Competition. On November 19, I will compete with a team (thank goodness!) at the Western US Oireachtas in Anaheim California. A regional competition. So not only will it be my first competition-it will be a regional competition. Not a local feis. This both excites and terrifies me. I just wish to do well for my team, and myself. This will give me a taste of the competition world, and see what it's all about. Yes, I have been dancing for a while now-but competing is something completely new. I'm just glad it's with a team, we'll give that a try. I'm not sure about solo competing yet.
Other than dancing (and work), life has been filled with bowling, laughing until I cried, baking a TARDIS cake, turning Voodoo into Tinkerbell into super birds, Holy cows into people worshiping dogs. Eye shadow into a magic carpet, and secret admirers into stalkers (only a few people will understand that last bit).
It's starting to turn into Autumn. Which is wonderful. And Winter will follow closely, which makes me even more excited.
I forgot how cathartic painting was (Not quite as good as the feeling of flying Irish Dance gives, but can hold its own ground), must paint more often. I even have my idea for my next piece.
I really really want to go play with my camera.
And horseback riding.
:)
This weekend (and last weekend, too, for that matter) can be summed up in one word. Great. Hanging out with friends, painting, personal growth, lots of dancing (return of the evil dance blisters), being blessed to watch General Conference. Life is good.

0 comments: