BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, October 31, 2011

The Inferno

The Inferno from The Divine Comedy


"And when, with gladness in his face, he placed his hand upon my own, to comfort me, he drew me in among the hidden things. Here sighs and lamentations and loud cries were echoing across the starless air, so that, as soon as I set out, I wept. Strange utterances, horrible pronouncements, accents of anger, words of suffering, and voices shrill and faint, and beating hands-all went to make tumult that will whirl forever through that turbid, timeless air, like sand that eddies when a whirlwind swirls." [Dante, as he enters the Gates of Hell. Canto III, Inferno]

Happy Halloween to all. I remember when my band played this song for one of our fall concerts. It was crazy to learn, but amazing when we pulled it off. Listen to this song, I get lost in the eerie beginning and haunting melodies that this composer was inspired to create. Sometimes I really miss band.
When you're feeling down, try what I did yesterday: Drink some root beer, watch Anne of Green Gables, and take a nap. No day is so bad that it can't be made at least a little better by a nap.
Now today, to help me hopefully continue to feel better-I will do some yoga. Run. Dance. ahh yes, endorphins. And then another Halloween party.

0 comments: