BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

We create it...

So, I've been thinking. Which can be dangerous and get me way too stressed out, but this time it's been kind of an eye-opener. Bringing to light things that I've been hearing throughout my entire schooling but never really understood the magnitude of what my teachers have been saying; I've don't think I've ever fully grasped, understood, and started to apply said knowledge until just these past couple weeks. So with all these thoughts going in my head, I figured I'd jot them down for you to read. Hopefully it makes sense. I'm just gonna type and post.
We create our own conditions. We sustain our circumstances. On some level, we've brought upon ourselves the experiences and positions we find ourselves in every day. Whether you believe it or not, it's true. Granted- there are things that are out of our control. I could not stop that guy from abusing me just like you could not stop that car from crashing. But I can choose to either take abuse and blame it on myself, and act like a victim; or rise above it and overcome what happened to me. You can set your intent on how you heal from and auto crash. You can hold onto whatever injuries you may have acquired and play the victim card and pull for attention and/or pity from others, or you can realize that there is health and a full recovery. It's all how you perceive it.

Each of us, every human being, has the ability to heal ourselves. If something happens and you don't truly want to recover from it, then you won't. But if you have the drive, and determination to recover and triumph over it, your body and spirit will account for that and you will. People that claim to be stuck with something, or constantly "holding onto" something will get just that.
There are instances of course where one can't do it on their own. That is where a healer comes into play. A healer is someone who can listen to your body, and assist in the healing process.
I'm not just saying this because it makes for a good topic. I truly believe it and have had personal experiences to back me up.
I've been through of some pretty rotten situations, and they have truly left me somewhat inhibited. Starting last week, I have realized how powerful I am in healing myself and releasing the traumas of my life. Truly allowing myself to literally rise above it and be able to move on. It's quite liberating.
Also, I've watched my cousin as he went through what I believe to be a quite damaging form of Hell. He was in an extremely serious car crash and is a living miracle. I watched as his determination to live pulled him towards health. I witnessed his positive attitude and will to get better. I stood by him in awe at his recovery which was far faster than anyone ever expected. For him to be alive today is truly a witness to me. He was ready to move on as soon as he came out of his coma. He was determined not to let it hold him back. He wanted everything to go back to normal and worked hard to make it happen. If anyone had the right to pull the card, he did. But he didn't. He's made the best of everything, and he's my hero.
So if you tell me that you're "stuck with" something, or play a victim card for a prolonged period of time; pardon me if I don't believe you.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

People can be stuck with things for a long period of time, even if they truly want to get over it. You've done, we've all done it. You can't judge someone because it is taking them longer to get over something then it would take you.

Anonymous said...

I actually agree with you stacy 100%. I think whoever this other anonymous is missed the point a little bit, or struggles with the things you just talked about. Stacy never said she could over stuff quicker than anyone, and people can want to get over anything. It's not a want that makes it happen, it's an action. I can want a million dollars all I want, but unless I do something about it, it'll never happen. If you WANT to get over something and move on, you have to do something. Let it go, stop dwelling on it, and move on. Enough said.

Stacy Jo said...

Exactly, second anonymous person, and thank you. First anonymous person kind of missed the point of that whole thing (maybe didn't read it thoroughly).
Clarification: I never said that I could get over something faster than others, you don't know how long I struggled with the things I did, which by the way, is a long time. Years. And I'm still in the process. I don't know whatever you're going through either, but whatever it is- can be overcome. You're not stuck with anything you don't want. I was fortunate enough also to have people (teachers) to help me realize the power in myself as well, and who are helping me.
Also, I NEVER said anything about judging anyone...

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Wow, I always thought you had the perfect life. I guess there is lots hidden behind that smile. It makes me sad to hear all of the pain that you have had to go through. I would love to hear all about the hurdles that you have had to overcome and how they have shaped you into the beautiful person that you are today.

Anonymous said...

Stacy are you okay? You just don't seem yourself.

Anonymous said...

I love your thoughts and comments on life. You have developed such insight and have such a wonderful perspective on life. Wow, such wisdom from such a young woman.

Anonymous said...

this is the First anonymous person:
I did get it. I know that it is more then wanting something, that you actually have to go do something. But that doesn't mean that just because you actually DO something to fix 'it', it will be fixed. I know that Stacy has struggled with a lot of things, and still does. I do too. I have been taking actions to get over things that have happened months ago, and am just now getting to the point where I can move on.
Of course a person can determine how things are going to go by their attitude and their actions, I understand that. I think her note was just a bit misleading about how 'easy' it is.

Stacy Jo said...

I never said it was easy.