BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, July 20, 2008

The Days of Yesteryear

Well, it is past midnight on Saturday night (technically Sunday morning) and guess what I did today... Nothing. Pretty much. I sat and looked at pictures, listened to meaningful songs, watched movies, re-read old journals and writings. (Oh-and I baked a German Oatmeal Cake.)
Then I got really depressed and nostalgic for some of the "good old days". Not all of them though...just some of them. And some I didn't even want the whole day, just parts of them. Some of the most craptastic days I have lived through had some of the best endings. You know, the days where you wonder, "What the heck happened today??" Wishing it was all a dream but know that it wasn't. And then that one person you secretly know you need is the one that literally walks though the door, or knocks on your window, or calls you. Who provides you with the saving grace you've been silently wishing for all day. And somehow- everything else fades away and the rest of the world doesn't matter because you're safe now. Encircled in protective, caring arms. You know the saying, "You don't really know what you have until it's gone. . ." well that saying is so true. But with that continued absence, comes the realization of impending, anticipated reunion. For each day you spend apart from a person(s) brings you one day closer to the next time you'll see them again. Wow...that was quite unintentionally poetic. Alright, moving on:

I've been having a hard time sleeping lately, or once I fight to get to sleep-I can't stay asleep. So I've taken to listening to lullaby-ish songs which may sound lame, but I've found some I really like. They'll just pop into my head when I'm trying to sleep, so here's some (in no particular order of favoritism.) and if you have suggestions-I'd like to hear them.

  1. "Lullaby" By Josh Groban
  2. "Goodnight My Angel" By Billy Joel
  3. "Lullaby" By Shawn Mullins
Also, here are some of my new favorite quotes that I really like and have kind of been clinging to/living by the past little bit I have no idea who said them or where they came from. But I love them:
  • "Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together."
  • "All you really need is that one person to trust, that one person you know will always tell you, 'Everything will be alright. . .' and somehow, for some reason, you always believe them."
Well, I suppose I should try the whole sleep thing. Good Night.

0 comments: